The Structural Biology group has become a vital part of many drug discovery programs by utilizing modern X-ray crystallography and NMR technologies with other supplementary biophysics methods. The fast growing group has accumulated experience from a variety of services and is building up exciting new capabilities.
By taking advantage of the Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility (SSRF) and National Center for Protein Science Shanghai (NCPPS), the Structural Biology group provides services for high-quality crystal production, X-ray diffraction data collection, and structure determination.
- Fragment / Structure Based Drug Design (FBDD/SBDD)
- Antibody structural study
- Lipidic Cubic Phase (LCP) crystallization services
- DNA to Structure
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
The close collaboration with our Chemistry Department and National for Protein Science Shanghai (NCPSS) enables the Structural Biology Group to start providing services using NMR technology.
- Membrane protein production to support GPCR drug discovery
- Isotope-labeled protein production to support NMR services
- Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR)
- Thermal Shift Assay (TSA)
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS)