- Leading a group of scientist and be responsible for the humanization and optimization of antibody candidates generated by hybridoma- or phage display-technology.
- Managing the group and taking responsibility for its projects by driving and coordinating his/her direct reports in achieving the specific objectives of the respective research projects.
- Representing the Biologics department in specific antibody project teams.
- Taking responsibility for defining project requirements, identifying potential issues, and providing solutions to resolve the issues.
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. with 5+ years experience (or MS with 10+ years experience) in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or biological sciences
- This individual will be a highly motivated scientist with a proven track record in antibody engineering, preferably with post-doctoral experience in an academic or industry setting (for Ph.D. level candidate).
- A strong background in molecular biology, with extensive experience in antibody engineering, antibody expression and purification, and biochemical and biophysical methods for the analysis of antibodies is required.
- Familiarity with antibody biology, phage display technology, and affinity maturation, and interpretation of computational modeling of antibody-antigen interactions would be useful. Further, experience in preclinical development of therapeutic antibodies is desirable but not required.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in Chinese and English.
- The incumbent will be required to focus on multiple issues at one time, and must have the ability to organize and direct diverse activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure.
- With a mature, self-confident and well-balanced personality, it is essential that the candidate also possess a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity. Location: ZJ Hi-tech Park,Shanghai, China