- Lead therapeutic antibody discovery programs including reviewing project targets, design study plan with clients and ChemParter project leaders, draft or edit project proposals and reports.
- Provide scientific advice and leadership to ChemPartner project teams and input to clients in driving the project to successfully achieve specific objectives and milestones.
- Act in a project management capacity for multiple on-going projects and provide solutions and action items for any issues that occur during project execution. Act as the primary point of contact for clients and facilitate liaison with the scientific team in Shanghai.
- Provide scientific input to the broad biologics team by providing ideas for innovations and new scientific approaches/techniques that can be adopted.
- Be jointly accountable (along with other biologics leaders) to the company management team for the success of the department and to communicate scientific and technology advances in biologics discovery
- Closely work with existing ChemPartner BD team to maintain and enhance customer relationships as well as aid in building new relationships. Visit with existing and new clients with a view to raising awareness of ChemPartner biologics capability
- Ph.D. /MD with 10+ years or MS/BS with 15+ years industry experiences in therapeutic antibody discovery, with expertise in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or biological sciences.
- Highly motivated scientific leader with a proven track record in antibody lead generation, antibody engineering, preferably with bioassay development capabilities and experiences. .
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in English. Ability of communication in Chinese would be advantageous although not imperative.
- Experienced in managing a scientific team including PhD scientists and multiple therapeutic programs.
- The incumbent will be required to focus on multiple issues at one time and must have the ability to organize and direct diverse activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure.
- With a mature, self-confident and well-balanced personality, it is essential that the candidate also possess a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity.
Location: ZJ Hi-tech Park,Shanghai, China